PhD student, Advanced Wireless Technologies (AWiTec) Lab
Fourat received his Bachelor degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering/ Communication Engineering from the University of Technology, Iraq, in 2004. He has finished his MSc with Distinction at Brunel University, UK, 2009. From 2004 to 2005, he worked as a Cisco Filed engineer in Arrawasi company (a Cisco‘s partners in Iraq). From 2005 to 2007, he worked as a senior network engineer in Asiacell company, a mobile operator in Iraq. In 2009 He has joined a European project (Pre-drive project) in Surrey University to develop a HLA-based simulation integration. He has also been working as a technical engineer in Hutchison 3G (a mobile operator in the UK). He received the IEEE ICCT'11 Best Paper Awards in 2011. Since December 2010, he has been a PhD student at Heriot-Watt University and University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK, under the supervision of Prof. Cheng-Xiang Wang, Heriot-Watt University and Prof. Harald Haas, University of Edinburgh.
- Radio Resource Management for Cognitive Green Communication Networks
-Cognitive radio networks
-Energy-efficient (green) communications
-Spectral-energy efficiency fundamental trade-off
-Energy-Efficient resource allocation
-HSPA and LTE cellular systems
-Femtocell & Mobile Femtocell
-HLA-based simulation integration
· Graduated with distinction form Brunel University, 2008, UK
· Ministry of Communication scholarship, 2007, Iraq
· 1st Year Postgraduate Research Prize, School of Engineering and Physical Sciences, 2011.
1. C.-X. Wang, F. Haider, X. Gao, X.-H. You, Y. Yang, D. Yuan, H. Aggoune, H. Haas, S. Fletcher, and E. Hepsaydir, “Cellular architecture and key technologies for 5G wireless communication networks,” IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 52, no. 2, Feb. 2014.
2. F. Haider, C.-X. Wang, H. Haas, D. Yuan, H. Wang, X. Gao, X.-H. You, and E. Hepsaydir, “Spectral-Energy Efficiency Tradeoff for Mobile Femtocell Networks with Resource Partitioning Schemes,” submitted for publication.
3. F. Haider, C.-X. Wang, H. Haas, and E. Hepsaydir, “Capacity and Energy Efficiency Analysis for Cognitive Radio Networks,” in preparation.
If you have questions or comments about this page, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last modified on Nov. 2013.