Liang Gong, Ph.D., MIEEE
Office: EM 2.32; Lab: EM 1.30
Dr. Liang Gong was born in Shandong, China, in 1981. He received his B.Sc. and M.Sc.degrees in communication engineering from Shandong University, China, in 2003 and 2006 respectively. He received his Ph.D. degree in communication and information systems from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, in 2011. From March to November 2009, he worked as visiting Ph.D. student at Ecole Polytechnique F¨¦d¨¦rale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland.
Since 2011, he worked as engineer with Academy of Broadcasting Planning (ABP), State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television (SAPPRFT), China. He was promoted to senior engineer in August 2013. Since May 2015, he works as a reaserch associate at Heriot-Watt University on the project "TOward Ultimate Convergence of All Networks (TOUCAN)" (TC4 and TC1) under the supervision of Prof. Steve McLaughlin and Prof. Cheng-Xiang Wang. His current research interests include Optical and Wireless network convergence, Software Defined Ndetworks(SFN)/Network Function Virtulization(NFV) and massive-MIMO, self-optimzation/organization networks (SON) technologies for future wireless communication systems. He served as reviewers of IEEE Trans. on Broadcasting and Communication Letters , etc.
Wireless and optical network convergence
Network description using XML/RDF/OWL
Massive MIMO technology
Self-optimization network technology
Hardware implemetation of wireless communication systems
Recent Research Projects:
TOward Ultimate Convergence of All Networks (TOUCAN)" (TC4 and TC1) , Supported by ESPRC(Reference No. EP/L020009/1), May 2015- April 2017.
1. L. Gong, L. Gui, B. Liu, B. Rong, Y. Xu, Y. Wu and W. Zhang, "Improve the Performance of LDPC Coded QAM Modulation by Selective Bit Mapping in Terrestrial Broadcasting System", IEEE Transaction on Broadcasting, vol. 57, no. 2, Part: 1, Pages: 263 - 269, July 2011.
2. S. Sun, L. Gong, B. Rong, "A Stackelberg Game Based Inter-tier Spectrum Sharing Scheme Exploiting LTE-A SON" , to appear in ACM/Springer Mobile Networks & Applications (MONET) - SPECIAL ISSUE on "SON and Automatic Configuration/Optimization in LTE-A Networks: Challenges and Practical Solutions".
3. S. Sun, M. Kadoch, L. Gong, B. Rong, "Integrating Network Function Virtualization with SDR and SDN for 4G/5G Networks", to appear in IEEE Network Magazine.
1. L. Gong, X. Shu, H. Xiao Y. Qin and J. Peng, "Evaluation of MVPN Technologies for China¡¯s NGB Backbone Networks", IEEE International Symposium on Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting, Beijing, Jun, 2014.
2. L. Gong, B. Liu, Y. Xu , B. Rong and Y. Wu " Multi-rate LDPC Codes for DTV Transmission by Known-Bits Padding", IEEE International Symposium on Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting, Nuremberg, Jun, 2011.
3. L. Gong, L. Gui, B. Liu, B. Rong, Y. Xu, Y. Wu and W. Zhang, "Selective bit mapping for Chinese DTMB LDPC coded QAM modulation scheme", IEEE International Symposium on Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting, Nuremberg, Jun, 2011.
4. L. Gong, Y. Xu, B. Liu and L. Gui "A Modified Belief Propagation Algorithm Based on Attenuation of the Extrinsic LLR", IEEE 72nd Vehicular Technology Conference Fall (VTC 2010-Fall), Ottawa, September, 2010.
5. B. Liu, L. Gong, Y. Xu, and B. Rong "Designing LDPC Codes with Gated Noise Model for Terrestrial Mobile DTV Channels", IEEE 72nd Vehicular Technology Conference Fall (VTC 2010-Fall), Ottawa, September, 2010.
If you have questions or comments about this page, please send e-mail to L.Gong@hw.ac.uk
This page was last modified in May 2015.