Yan Zhang, PhD,MIEEE
Office: EM 1.3; Lab: EM 1.30
Dr. Yan Zhang was born in Shandong, China, in 1983. His B.S. degree in information engineering was received from the Beijing Institute of Technology, China, in 2005. He received a Ph.D. degree in communication and information systems from Tsinghua University, China, in 2010. During August 2009 and November 2009, he was a visiting research student at the Department of Electrical and Information Technology, Lund University, Sweden. From 2010, he served as an assistant researcher (postdoc) in the Department of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University.
He has been a lecturer in School of Information and Electronics, Beijing Institute of Technology since June 2013. Since August 2014, he is a reaserch associate at Heriot Watt University working on the project "Non-Stationary IMT-A MIMO Channel Models with Time-Varying Parameters" under the supervision of Prof. Cheng-Xiang Wang. His current research interests include wireless channel measurement and modelling, wireless positioning, massive MIMO, and 5G wireless communication networks. He has published over 20 papers in refereed journals and conference proceedings.
He was served as the guest editor of the special issues in International Journal of Antenna and Propagation in 2011, 2013 and 2014. He was the organizing and web Chair for 1st International ICST Workshop on C-RAN (C-RAN2012) and the TPC member for the 13th IEEE International Conference on Communication Technology. He also served as reviewers of IEEE Trans. on Ant. & Prop, IEEE Trans. on Wireless Com., IEEE APL, VTC, etc.
channel measurement and modelling;
5G wireless communication systems.
Recent Research Projects:
Non-Stationary IMT-A MIMO Channel Models with Time-Varying Parameters, Supported by Huawei Technologies, August 2014- August 2015.
Wireless channel information prediction based on intelligent learning, supported by Basic Reserach Funding of Beijing Institute of Technology, January 2014-December 2015.
MIMO channel modeling based on the coupling of spatial, temporal, and frequency
by National Natural Science Foundation of China, January 2013-December 2015.
Distributed MIMO channel measurements and modeling, supported by China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (1st-class), June 2011-June 2013.
Radio propagation measurement and channel modeling techniques, supported by National S&T Major Project, January 2010.01-October 2012.
Research on novel wireless access network based on distributed antenna and cloud computing, supported by Sino-Swedish International S&T Cooperation Program, January 2012 ¨C May 2014.
1. Y. Zhang, O. Edfors, P. Hammarberg, et al. A General Coupling-based Model Framework for Wideband MIMO Channels, IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 574-586, 2012 Feb.
2. Y. Zhang, Z. H. Li, F. Y. Luan, et al. Measurement-based analysis of transmit antenna selection for in-cabin distributed MIMO system, International Journal of Antenna and Propagation, vol. 2012, doi:10.1155/2012/598049, 2012.
3. Y. Zhang, L. M. Xiao, S. D. Zhou, et al. ¡°Measurement-Based Spatial Correlation and Capacity of Indoor Distributed MIMO System,¡± International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2013, Article ID 596347, 7 pages, 2013. doi:10.1155/2013/596347.
4. Y. Zhang, Z. W. He, W. C. Zhang, et al. ¡°Measurement-Based Delay and Doppler Characterizations for High-Speed Railway Hilly Scenario,¡± International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2014, Article ID 875345, 8 pages, 2014. doi:10.1155/2014/875345.
5. F. Y. Luan, Y. Zhang (correpsonding author), L. M. Xiao, et al. Fading Characteristics of Wireless Channel on High-Speed Railway in Hilly Terrain Scenario, International Journal of Antenna and Propagation, vol. 2013, doi: 10.1155/2013/378407.
6. Y. Zhang£¬X. W. Hu, S. D. Zhou£¬X. Chen and J. Wang, "A novel method for reducing the impact of phase noise in TDMS channel sounder", Journal of Tsinghua University (Science and Technology), vol. 50, no. 1, pp.1674-1679, 2010.
7. Y. Zhang£¬X. W. Hu, L. M. Xiao, S. D. Zhou and J. Wang, "Adaptive OFDM channel predictor based on multi-cluster model", Chinese Journal of Radio Science, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 1027-1033, 2010.
8. Y. Zhang£¬X. W. Hu, S. D. Zhou and J. Wang, "Channel parameter estimation method in near-field radio environment using the SAGE algorithm", Journal of System Simulation, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 1932-1936, 2011, in Chinese.
9. H. Hong, Y. Zhang (correpsonding author), L. M. Xiao, et al. "Outage Performance of Cognitive Relay Networks with Underlay Spectrum Sharing"£¬Chinese Journal of Radio Science, vol. 28, no. 28, pp. 805-809, 2013, in Chinese.
10. L. Xiao, W. Z. Pang, S. Kang, L. M. Xiao, Y. Zhang (correpsonding author), "Characteristics of path loss and power coverage in cabin environment"£¬Chinese Journal of Radio Science, vol. 27, no. 1, pp.24-29, 2012, in Chinese.
11. Y. H. Rui, Y. Zhang, S. J. Liu, and S. D. Zhou, "MIMO wireless channel sounder and models for indoor channel analyses", Journal of Tsinghua University (Science and Technology), vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 538-542, in Chinese.
12. S. J. Liu, Y. Zhang, Y. H. Rui, S. D. Zhou and T. C. Wang, " Multiple clusters scattering parameters estimation in wireless channel", Journal of System Simulation, vol. 21, no. 13, in Chinese.
13. S. J. Liu, Y. H. Rui, Y. Zhang, S. D. Zhou and T. C. Wang, "Wireless channel prediction based on auxiliary environmental information", Journal of Tsinghua University (Science and Technology), vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 526-529, in Chinese.
14. Y. Z. Jia, Y. Z. Li, Y. Zhang, et al. "Channel Measurements and Capacity Analysis of Indoor Distributed Antenna System", Communications Technology, vol.43£¬no.2, pp. 146-148, 2010, in Chinese.
15. Z. H. Li, C. H. Zhou, Y. Zhang, et al. " Channel Capacity Analysis of Distributed MIMO Systems in Cabin ", Communications Technology, vol.44£¬no.8, pp. 21-24, 2011, in Chinese.
1. Y. Zhang, X. W. Hu, Y. Z. Jia, S. D. Zhou, X. Chen and J. Wang, "A novel coupling-based model for wideband MIMO channel", IEEE Globecom2009, Honolulu, USA.
2. Y. Zhang, S. J. Liu, Y. H. Rui, S. D. Zhou, and J. Wang, "Channel prediction assisted by radio propagation environments information", IEEE ICCSC2008:733-736, Shanghai, China.
3. Y. Zhang, S. J. Liu, Y. H. Rui, S. D. Zhou, and J. Wang, "Wideband wireless channel predictor relying on environment information", IEEE ISAPE2008: 945-948, Kunming, China.
4. X. R. Li, Y. Zhang (corresponding author), L. M. Xiao, et al., "Novel Precoding Scheme for Downlink Multi-user Spatial Modulation System," IEEE 24th International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC) , Sep. 2013.
5. G. F. Chen, Y. Zhang (corresponding author), L. M. Xiao, et al. ‚"Measurement-Based RSS-Multipath Neural Network Indoor Positioning Technique", accepted by IEEE CCECE 2014.
6. F. Y. Luan, Y. Zhang, X. W. Hu, et al. "Measurement-based delay spread analysis of indoor distributed antenna systems," European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP2011), pp.2556-2559, May.2011.
7. G. F. Chen, Y. Zhang, F. Y. Luan, et al. "Optimization of AP Placement in Indoor Fingerprint Positioning, " ICT Convergence (ICTC), 2013 International Conference on (pp. 98-100). IEEE.
8. Y. Z. Jia, Y. Zhang, X. W. Hu, S. D. Zhou and J. Wang, "Antenna pattern effects on the capacity of multielement antenna system", IEEE WICOM2009, Beijing, China.
9. X. W. Hu, Y. Zhang, Y. Z. Jia, and S. D. Zhou, "Power coverage and fading characteristics of indoor distributed antenna systems", IEEE Chinacom2009: 1066-1069, Xi¡¯an, China.
10. Y. H. Rui, Y. Zhang, S. J. Liu and S. D. Zhou, "3.52-GHz MIMO radio channel sounder", IEEE ICCCAS2008:79-83, Xiamen, China.
11. S. J. Liu, Y. Zhang, Y. H. Rui, C. H. Zhou; S. D. Zhou and T. C. Wang, "5.8GHz broadband channel characteristic analysis using measurement data", IET ICWMMN2006: 347-350. Hangzhou, China.
12. C. H. Zhou, S. J. Liu, Y. Zhang, Y. H. Rui, S. D. Zhou and T. C. Wang, "A simple MIMO broadband channel sounder prototype", IET ICWMMN2006:525-528, Hangzhou, China.
13. Z. H. Li, F. Y. Luan, Y. Zhang, et al. ¡°Capcacity and sptial correlation measurements for wideband distributed MIMO channel in aircraft cabin environment¡±, Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), 2012 IEEE (pp. 1175-1179). IEEE.
14. Y. J. Zhou, C. H. Zhou, Y. Zhang, et al.¡°Rician K-factor analysis of In-Cabin Distributed MIMO System Measurement¡±, Wireless Communications and Signal Processing (WCSP), 2011 International Conference on (pp. 1-4). IEEE.
If you have questions or comments about this page, please send e-mail to Y.Zhang@hw.ac.uk
This page was last modified in August 2014.