Zengmao Chen (陈增茂), Ph.D.
Signal and Image Processing Group
Zengmao Chen received his BEng (Honors) degree in Electronics Information Engineering from Nanjing University of Posts & Telecommunications (NUPT), China, in 2003, MSc degree in Communications and Information Systems from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT), China, in 2006 and his joint PhD degree from Heriot-Watt University and the University of Edinburgh, UK, in 2011.
From 2006 to 2007, he worked as a R&D Engineer in Freescale Semiconductor Ltd. Since August 2011, he has been a Post-doc Research Associate with the Joint Research Institute for Signal and Image Processing, Heriot-Watt University, UK, where he is also the Network Manager of the UK-China Science Bridges: R&D on (B)4G Wireless Mobile Communications.
• (B)4G wireless communication systems
• Cognitive radio, cooperative communications
• Wireless communications and navigation for automobiles
• Multimedia communications
• Complicated System on Chip (SoC) design and verification
• Automotive IC and applications on Telematics, multimedia and infortainment for transport systems
• 1st Year
Postgraduate Research Prize,
• Graduate with honor of NUPT (Top 1%), Ranked 4th out of 276 according to 4-year overall performance, 2003, China
• Merit student of NUPT for 3 consecutive years (Top 5%), 2000 ~ 2002, China
• Very Best Student Scholarship (Top 1%), 2001 ~ 2002, China
• Fujitsu Scholarship (Top 5%), 2000, China
• Bank of China Prize, for the excellent performance in National University Entrance Exam, ranked as top out of all candidates in Ningjin county (population of 800,000), 1999, China
1. Z. Chen, S. Vorobyov, C.-X. Wang, and J. Thompson, “Pareto region characterization for rate control in MIMO interference systems and Nash bargaining,” to appear in IEEE Trans. Automat. Contr., Dec. 2012.
2. Z. Chen, C.-X. Wang, X. Hong, J. Thompson, S. A. Vorobyov, F. Zhao, H. Xiao, and X. Ge, “Interference cancellation for cognitive radio MIMO systems based on practical precoding”, Invited Paper, Elsevier: physical communication, 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.phycom.2012.04.007 .
3. Z. Chen, C.-X. Wang, X. Hong, J. Thompson, S. A. Vorobyov, X. Ge, H. Xiao, and F. Zhao, “Aggregate interference modeling in cognitive radio networks with power and contention control”, IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 456-468, Feb. 2012.
4. X. Hong, Z. Chen, C.-X. Wang, and S. A. Vorobyov, “Interference cancellation for cognitive radio networks”, IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 76-84, Nov. 2009.
5. P. Chambers, X. Hong, Z. Chen, C.-X. Wang, M. Beach, and H. Hass, “The UC4G wireless MIMO testbed”, accepted by IEEE GLOBECOM 2012, Mar. 2012.
6. W. Thompson, M. Beach, J. McGeehan, A. Younis, H. Haas, P. Grant, P. Chambers, Z. Chen, C.-X. Wang, and M. Renzo, “Spatial modulation explained and routs for practical evaluation”, COST 2100 TD(11)02047, Lisbon, Portugal, Oct. 2011.
7. Z. Chen, C.-X. Wang, X. Hong, J. Thompson ,and S. A. Vorobyov, “Cross-layer interference mitigation for MIMO cognitive radio systems”, in Proc. IEEE ICC 2011, Kyoto, Japan, June 2011.
8. Z. Chen, C.-X. Wang, X. Hong, J. S. Thompson, S. A. Vorobyov, and X. Ge, “Interference modeling for cognitive radio networks with power and contention control,” in Proc. IEEE WCNC 2010, Sydney, Australia, Apr. 2010.
9. Z. Chen, S. A. Vorobyov, C.-X. Wang, and J. S. Thompson, “Nash bargaining over MIMO interference systems,” in Proc. IEEE ICC 2009, Dresden, Germany, June 2009.
10. A. Cai, F. Su, C. Qiu, Z. Chen, D. Zhao “Fingerprint coarse comparison method and apparatus suitable for hardware acceleration,” Publication No. CN 100383808C, Published on 23rd Apr 2008.
If you have questions or comments about this page, please send e-mail to email@example.com
This page was last modified on 17 July 2012.