Postdoctoral Research Associate
Advanced Wireless Technologies (AWiTec) Lab
Piya Patcharamaneepakorn received his B.Eng in Electrical Engineering from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand, in 1999 and M.Eng in Telecommunications from Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand, in 2001. He worked in the mobile network industry as a radio network planning and optimisation engineer, between 2002 and 2010, in several countries in South-East Asia, Europe and South America. From Oct 2010 to Apr 2014, he was a PhD student at University of Bristol, Bristol, UK. Since May 2014, he has been a Postdoctoral Research Associate at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK, working in Massive MIMO systems for the project: Key Technologies for 5G Wireless Communication Networks with Prof. Cheng-Xiang Wang.
Signal Processing in Wireless Communications
Linear Precoding/Transceiver Designs
MIMO, MU-MIMO Communications
Massive MIMO, Cooperative MIMO Communications
Spectral and Energy Efficient Communications
5G Wireless Communications networks
AWARDS & HONORS
· The Sonera Prize, awarded by Asian Institute of Technology, in recognition of the most outstanding academic performance among students in Telecommunications graduating on the Fourteenth day of December 2001.
· Fully-supported Scholarship (Donor: Sonera Group, Finland), Asian Institute of Technology, May 2000 – Dec 2001.
· The Second Class Honour, Chulalongkorn University, May 1999.
1. P. Patcharamaneepakorn, S. Armour and A. Doufexi, “Coordinated Beamforming Schemes based on Modified Signal-to-Leakage-plus-Noise Ratio Precoding Designs,” IET Commun., vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 558-567, Mar. 2015.
2. P. Patcharamaneepakorn, S. Armour and A. Doufexi, “Modified Leakage-based Transmit Filter Designs for Multi-User MIMO systems,” Phys. Commun., vol. 13, pp. 73-87, Dec. 2014.
3. P. Patcharamaneepakorn, A. Doufexi and S. Armour, “Equivalent Expressions and Performance Analysis of SLNR Precoding Schemes: A Generalisation to Multi-antenna Receivers,” IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 1196-1199, Jun. 2013.
4. P. Patcharamaneepakorn, A. Doufexi and S. Armour, “Weighted Sum Capacity Maximization using a Modified Leakage-based Transmit Filter Design,” IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 1177-1188, Mar. 2013.
5. P. Patcharamaneepakorn, S. Armour and A. Doufexi, “On the Equivalence Between SLNR and MMSE Precoding Schemes with Single-Antenna Receivers,” IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 1034-1037, Jul. 2012.
1. P. Patcharamaneepakorn, A. Doufexi and S. Armour, “Leakage-based Transceiver Designs for MIMO Interfering Broadcast Channels,” in Wireless Communications and Signal Processing (WCSP), 2013 International Conference on, Oct. 2013, pp 1-6.
2. P. Patcharamaneepakorn, S. Armour and A. Doufexi, “A Modified Leakage-based Transmit Filter Design for Multi-User MIMO systems,” in Personal Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), 2013 IEEE 24rd International Symposium on, Sep. 2013, pp. 912-916.
3. P. Patcharamaneepakorn, A. Doufexi and S. Armour, “Reduced Complexity Joint User and Receive Antenna Selection Algorithms for SLNR-based Precoding in MU-MIMO Systems,” in IEEE 75th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC spring 2012), Yokohama, Japan, pp. 1-5, May 2012.
4. P. Patcharamaneepakorn, R.M.A.P. Rajatheva, and A. Ahmed, “Performance Analysis of Serial Concatenated Space-Time Code in OFDM over Frequency Selective Channels”, in IEEE 57th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC spring 2003), vol. 1, pp. 746-750, Apr. 2003.
Teaching Assistant, “Wireless Modem Design Lab (EENG22000)”, University of Bristol, UK, Teaching Block 2, 2011-2013.
Jul 2010 – Sep 2010 3G RF Optimisation Engineer: NSN, Argentina
Jan 2008 – Jun 2009 3G RF Optimisation Consultant: Claro, Argentina
Nov 2006 – Dec 2007 2G/3G RF Optimisation Engineer: T-Mobile, the Netherlands
Sep 2005 – Oct 2006 3G RF Planning Engineer: T-Mobile, the Netherlands
Sep 2004 – Aug 2005 2G RF Optimisation Engineer: True Corporation (former TA Orange), Thailand
Feb 2003 – Aug 2004 2G RF Planning Engineer: SIEMENS, Thailand
Jan 2002 – Jan 2003 Transmission (Microwave) Planner: SIEMENS, Thailand
If you have questions or comments about this page, please send e-mail to P.Patcharamaneepakorn@hw.ac.uk
This page was last modified on March 2015.